Sugar-Free and Infused with Flavor.
Sugar & Spice shared this Loaded Cauliflower Casserole featuring North Country Smokehouse Sugar-free bacon. This is an easy and delicious low carb and keto-friendly side dish loaded with bacon, cheddar cheese, sour cream, garlic, and more!
Total Prep Time 1 hour
- 2 heads cauliflower
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon
Over $11.5 Million Collectively Donated to the Share Our Strength Food Bank
The 11th Annual New York Wine & Food Festival, presented by Capital One, is the ultimate East Coast culinary showcase featuring more than 200 leading restaurants, wine and spirits purveyors from the Northeast.
Held mid-October at Pier 94 in NYC, this 3-day food extravaganza has collectively raised more than $11.5 million in support of the Share Our Strength Food Bank, whose mission is to end childhood hunger by ensuring children get the food they need to thrive.
Makes 6 scones.
- 3 slices North Country Smokehouse Organic Applewood Smoked Bacon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 5 Tbsp. unsalted butter - cold
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 large eggs, lightly scrambled
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Sift flour, baking powder and salt into medium bowl. Cut the butter into the flour until fully incorporated. In a separate bowl, beat 2 of the raw eggs and heavy cream together and add to dry ingredients. Do not over mix.
Cut the bacon into ½” pieces. Fold in the cheese, scrambled eggs, and bacon into the dough mixture. Stir just until ingredients are distributed.
Transfer dough to a well-floured work surface. Shape the dough into a 12”x4” inch rectangle. Cut the dough into 3, 4” squares. Cut each in half diagonally. Place 1” apart on lightly butter
A Treat with Some Heat
Served 6 to 8
- 1 lb. All-Natural, Certified Humane Fruitwood Bacon
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- ¼ tsp. ground coriander
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp. sesame seeds
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Place bacon slices in a single layer.
In a small skillet, combine honey, coriander and cayenne and cook over high heat until melted, about 1 minute.
Brush the spiced honey on one side of the bacon and bake for 10 minutes. Sprinkle lightly with sesame seeds and bake for 3 to 5 more minutes, until desired crispiness.
Transfer the bacon to paper towels, glazed side up, to drain and cool slightly. Serve immediately.
Healthy & Delicious
Serves 2 to 4
- 8 cups chopped romaine lettuce (spinach is delicious too!)
- 1 pound strawberries, sliced
- 5-6 slices North Country Smokehouse Paleo friendly, sugar-free bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2/3 cup crumbled blue cheese1
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans2
HONEY BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE
Fancy & Flavorful
Serves 2 to 4
- 4 to 6 regular smoked bacon slices (2 1/4 to 3 1/2 ounces uncooked)
- 12 small fresh ripe figs, such as white or Calimyrna, halved lengthwise
- About 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup (about 1 1/2 ounces) crumbled mild herbed goat cheese
Preheat the oven to 350° F.
In a medium heavy skillet, place the bacon slices in a single layer and cook over low to medium-low heat, turning as needed until just beginning to brown.
Transfer to a paper towel to drain. Cut each bacon slice into 4 or 6 pieces.
A Seafood Sensation
Serves 2 to 4
Quiche cooks up light and fluffy inside ham crusts. A perfect on-the-go breakfast or finger food for your next party that is low-carb and gluten-free.
Published Bon Appetit, November 2004
Use fresh oysters if you can; note that the recipe also tested well using oysters packed in jars. If the oysters are very large, cut them in half.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 8 ounces North Country Smokehouse Applewood bacon bacon, chopped
- 4 cups thinly sliced leeks (white and pale green parts only; from 4 large)
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons grated Pecorino Romano che