A Breakfast with Bold Flavor
We're all about simple recipes that bring folks together at breakfast table. Bacon & eggs belong together.
- 1 small white onion, sliced thin
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 small red tomato - chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced fine
- 2 slices sandwich bread, cut or torn into small pieces
- 2 links North Country Smokehouse certified humane, Chorizo with Brandy sausage - diced
- 8 eggs
- 4 oz. diced cheese (we used Jack but any firm cheese would work)
- 1/3 C olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 F.
2. In a large cast-iron pan, heat ½ of the olive oil over medium-high heat. When hot, add the
Here at North Country Smokehouse, we’re practical people. We know there’s no need to fix what isn’t broken: That’s why we use traditional, family recipes passed down through generations. Another thing we know is that time is precious, and the more of it we can spend with our families and loved ones, the better. With that being said, we’ll keep this brief.
With a low and slow smoking process for all of our products, North Country’s focus is on timeless flavor above all else. While we craft our recipes the old-fashioned way, that doesn’t mean we’re afraid of efficiency. If we can prepare one meal and take away a week’s worth of leftovers, we’ll do it every time. After all, our products are hand-crafted to be the backbone for countless recipes.
Makes 6 scones.
- 3 slices North Country Smokehouse Organic Applewood Smoked Bacon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 5 Tbsp. unsalted butter - cold
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 large eggs, lightly scrambled
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Sift flour, baking powder and salt into medium bowl. Cut the butter into the flour until fully incorporated. In a separate bowl, beat 2 of the raw eggs and heavy cream together and add to dry ingredients. Do not over mix.
Cut the bacon into ½” pieces. Fold in the cheese, scrambled eggs, and bacon into the dough mixture. Stir just until ingredients are distributed.
Transfer dough to a well-floured work surface. Shape the dough into a 12”x4” inch rectangle. Cut the dough into 3, 4” squares. Cut each in half diagonally. Place 1” apart on lightly buttered or
Easy Bake Breakfast
Serves 18 quiche cups
Quiche cooks up light and fluffy inside ham crusts. A perfect on-the-go breakfast or finger food for your next party that is low-carb and gluten-free.
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup skim milk any type
- 1 3/4 cup North Country Smokehouse Smoked Swiss cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup green onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2.25 ounces North Country Smokehouse Boneless ham cut into 18, thin slices.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Smoked turkey and Cheddar Biscuits
Published by Boston Globe, September 2, 2009
Add smoked turkey and grated cheddar to a simple biscuit dough, along with some whole-wheat flour, and you have something savory that fussy young eaters might enjoy early in the day. Store these in the refrigerator (because of the turkey). To bring the biscuits back to life, sprinkle them with water and reheat uncovered in a toaster oven. Makes 10 large, rectangular biscuits.