Perfect for Pepper Lovers
Published in Gourmet, July 2009
Serves 2 to 4
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green olives
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 ciabatta or other rolls about the length of sausages, split
- 4 bratwurst, andouille, or other flavorful, fully cooked sausages, split
- 1/2 cup bottled piquillo peppers or roasted red peppers, drained and cut into strips
- 2 cups baby arugula
Combine olives and oil, then spread on bottom halves of rolls.
Heat a grill pan or large heavy skillet (not nonstick) over medium-high heat until hot, then heat sausages until hot, about 8 minutes.
Make sandwiches on rolls with peppers, sausages, and arugula. Cut in half.