A sweet & smoky addition to your Thanksgiving feast.
Total Prep Time 25 minutes.
12oz. All Natural, Certified Humane Smoky Maple Sausage; chopped
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup diced celery
½ cup diced white onion
½ cup sliced fresh mushrooms
½ cup diced carrots
1 large clove garlic, minced
1 ½ cups chicken broth
1 teaspoon rubbed sage
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 package (6 ounces) gluten free breadcrumbs
½ cup dried cranberries
- In a large skillet, add butter, celery, onion, carrots and mushrooms then sauté over medium heat until vegetables are tender.
- Add Smoky Maple Sausage and garlic; cook 2 minutes longer.
- Add chicken broth and turn heat to high, stir until broth comes to a boil. Add sage & Italian seasoning.
- Stir in breadcrumbs and mix all ingredi
Serves 2 to 4
This sweet and savory breakfast skillet is a paleo friendly twist on a tried and true breakfast favorite.
- North Country Smokehouse 12 oz Smoky Maple Sausage
- 3 cups Baby spinach or kale
- 2 tsp. Basil, dried
- 1 tbsp. Garlic
- 2 tsp. Oregano, dried
- 2 ½ cups Sweet potato – thinly sliced
- 1 Yellow onion, medium
Add oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Once oil is hot, add the sliced potatoes and let cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally
Add in the diced onion, minced garlic, and spic
A Hearty Dish
Recipe by Jacques Pépin, Food & Wine
Families in Alsace generally eat choucroute garnie during the wintertime, because it's such a hearty, filling dish. I've adapted the recipe to make it quicker and easier—calling for store-bought sauerkraut instead of the homemade kind, for instance, and suggesting peanut oil as a substitute for duck or goose fat, which may be less accessible. I always serve two or three types of mustard with the choucroute—a hot Dijon, a grainy Pommery and often a tarragon-flavored mustard as well.
- 1/3 cup kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 pounds pork b
Gazpacho with Croutons and Sausage
Serves: 6 to 8
Published Bon Appetit, July 1995
The classic cold soup, as interpreted by Ouro Branco restaurant, Vila Viçosa, Portugal. Serves 6.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 medium tomatoes, seeded
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded
- 2 cups cold water
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 1/2 cups 3/4-inch cubes day-old French or Italian bread
- 4 ounces fully cooked North Country Smokehouse Linguiça sausage, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
Mash garlic and salt in mortar with pestle until paste forms. Transfer to large bo
Perfect for Pepper Lovers
Published in Gourmet, July 2009
Serves 2 to 4
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green olives
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 ciabatta or other rolls about the length of sausages, split
- 4 bratwurst, andouille, or other flavorful, fully cooked sausages, split
- 1/2 cup bottled piquillo peppers or roasted red peppers, drained and cut into strips
- 2 cups baby arugula
Combine olives and oil, then spread on bottom halves of rolls.
Heat a grill pan or large heavy skillet (not nonstick) over medium-high heat until hot, then heat sausages until hot, about 8 minutes.
Make sandwiches on rolls with peppers, sausages, and arugula. Cut in half.
Arugula & Chicken Sausage Bread Pudding
Serves: 2 to 4
Published in EatingWell, April/May 2006
Chicken sausage comes in a variety of flavors these days. The flavor you pick will have a big impact, so make sure you pick one you like. We tried and liked sweet Italian, apple and Chardonnay sausage and sun-dried tomato and spinach sausage in this recipe. Serves 6.
- 4 large egg whites
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh basil
Bread & Filling:
- 4 cups whole-grain bread, crusts removed if desired, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 1/2
- pound, 4-6
Smoked Sausage Cassoulet
Published in Bon Appetit, March 1999
Make this a day ahead for the best flavor. Serves 8-10.
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 pounds assorted fully cooked smoked sausages (such as kielbasa and andouille)
- 4 large leeks (white and pale green parts only), thinly sliced
- 6 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 medium apple, peeled, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried rubbed sage
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 2 14 1/2-ounce cans diced tomatoes with roasted garlic in juice
- 3 15-ounce cans Great Northern beans, drained, liquid reserved
- 1 10-ounce package frozen baby lima beans, thawed
- 1 cup (or more) canned chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teasp