It's that special time of year when families gather around the table to reflect on moments past and create new and lasting memories to take into the year ahead.
We've compiled our favorite signature smokehouse recipes and put them in this handy holiday guide for your family to savor. From starters to soups, sides and specialty desserts, these recipes are sure to inspire. Better yet, our smoked sausages, hams and poultry are fully-cooked, so you will spend less time in the kitchen and more time enjoying the true spirit of the holiday season.
Use these recipes together to create a flavorful, 5-course feast, or prepare them individually for holiday parties, luncheons or a post-holiday brunch.
Best Wishes for a Happy & Healthy Holiday Season from your friends at North Country Smokehouse.
Smoked Chicken Pot Pie with Sweet Potato Crust
From the Food Network’s “Throwdown with Bobby Flay”
Sweet Potato Crust:
- 1 pound all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 sticks butter, cut into pieces and chilled
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups sweet potato puree (sweet potatoes roasted, peeled and pureed in food processor)
- 1 egg mixed with 1 tablespoon water, for egg wash
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium Spanish onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 to 5 cups whole milk, heated
- 3/4 pound cremini