A Breakfast with Bold Flavor
We're all about simple recipes that bring folks together at breakfast table. Bacon & eggs belong together.
- 1 small white onion, sliced thin
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 small red tomato - chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced fine
- 2 slices sandwich bread, cut or torn into small pieces
- 2 links North Country Smokehouse certified humane, Chorizo with Brandy sausage - diced
- 8 eggs
- 4 oz. diced cheese (we used Jack but any firm cheese would work)
- 1/3 C olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 F.
2. In a large cast-iron pan, heat ½ of the olive oil over medium-high heat. When hot, add the
A popular alternative to basic burgers. This July 4th declare your independence from flavorless, dry sliders! This recipe is modeled on the White Castle square sliders and results in a juicy burger that fits all the way to the edge of the buns, which are held in place with melted cheese.
- 2 lbs. all-natural, ground beef (preferably 80% lean)
- 1 small white onion, finely grated
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. white pepper
- 2 TBS cold water
- 1 package of slider buns or dinner rolls, connected in a single sheet (we recommend Martin’s potato rolls or King’s Hawaiian Bread)
- 1 lb. sliced cheddar cheese
- 1, 12 oz. package of North Country Smokehouse Certified Humane Fruitwood Bacon
Measure your buns! Using a tape measure
With Father’s Day fast approaching, it’s only right that we pay homage to the ultimate grill master. We’d bet that what he really wants is a relaxed day spent with his family, preferably in the backyard standing over a charcoal grill. Most definitely, he wants to be consuming the greatest, most delicious grilled meats he can get his hands on. To make it simple for you, we spend hours slow-smoking our meats and infusing them with deep, rich flavor.
What better way to show dad how much you love him than with juicy, slow-smoked sausage? We’re dishing out ways to make your Father’s Day meal extra special, so Dad knows how much you care.
Go for the Gold
The shift towards locally sourced ingredients is real. Our customers want to know where their food comes from and trust the people who produce it. Enter - North Country Smokehouse.
We’ve been smoking meat for a long time, and we pride ourselves on the diverse flavors our products bring to the table. We live in a region that’s made a name for itself with the local flavors of sweet maple syrup, creamy cheeses and the very best in craft beer. It’s only right we partner with other local purveyors to develop two, all-natural, certified humane links; just in time for Memorial Day.
We began collaborations with Harpoon Brewery and Vermont Farmstead Cheese Company as part of our ongoing commitment to the local food movement, crafting recipes with fresh ingredients from our own backyard. These partnerships were made in sweet, meaty heaven – pairing our savory sausages with these regional, fan favorites was a no-brainer.
A New England staple with locations in Windsor, VT., an
If you listen closely, you can hear the sound of grills firing up across the country. Eager to take the party outdoors, grilling season means gracing your table with the fresh flavors of the season.
At North Country Smokehouse, we believe everything tastes better after it’s spent some time over an open flame. Nothing signals the arrival of summer like smoked meats sizzlin' on the barbie.
We've launched 2 new, local products just-in-time for Memorial Day. Our new Jalapeno Cheddar sausage and Harpoon IPA Beer Bratwurst are sure to turn your run-of-the-mill meals into a scrumptious celebration.
Find these and other feast-worthy flavors inside this Ultimate Guide to BBQ Season and remember... Stay Low. Stay Slow. Stay Smoky.
A sweet & smoky addition to your Thanksgiving feast.
Total Prep Time 25 minutes.
12oz. All Natural, Certified Humane Smoky Maple Sausage; chopped
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup diced celery
½ cup diced white onion
½ cup sliced fresh mushrooms
½ cup diced carrots
1 large clove garlic, minced
1 ½ cups chicken broth
1 teaspoon rubbed sage
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 package (6 ounces) gluten free breadcrumbs
½ cup dried cranberries
- In a large skillet, add butter, celery, onion, carrots and mushrooms then sauté over medium heat until vegetables are tender.
- Add Smoky Maple Sausage and garlic; cook 2 minutes longer.
- Add chicken broth and turn heat to high, stir until broth comes to a boil. Add sage & Italian seasoning.
- Stir in breadcrumbs and mix all ingredien