It's that special time of year when families gather around the table to reflect on moments past and create new and lasting memories to take into the year ahead.
We've compiled our favorite signature smokehouse recipes and put them in this handy holiday guide for your family to savor. From starters to soups, sides and specialty desserts, these recipes are sure to inspire. Better yet, our smoked sausages, hams and poultry are fully-cooked, so you will spend less time in the kitchen and more time enjoying the true spirit of the holiday season.
Use these recipes together to create a flavorful, 5-course feast, or prepare them individually for holiday parties, luncheons or a post-holiday brunch.
Best Wishes for a Happy & Healthy Holiday Season from your friends at North Country Smokehouse.
Gazpacho with Croutons and Sausage
Serves: 6 to 8
Published Bon Appetit, July 1995
The classic cold soup, as interpreted by Ouro Branco restaurant, Vila Viçosa, Portugal. Serves 6.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 medium tomatoes, seeded
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded
- 2 cups cold water
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 1/2 cups 3/4-inch cubes day-old French or Italian bread
- 4 ounces fully cooked North Country Smokehouse Linguiça sausage, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
Mash garlic and salt in mortar with pestle until paste forms. Transfer to large bo